Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Focusing on Our Bedroom

So I was doing my morning rounds of Pinterest when I stumpled upon 11 Tips to Make Your Bedroom a bit More Romantic. I read it and was inspired.

Back Story of Our Bedroom
We've lived in our apartment since July of last year but will be moving back home to Indy this coming September. It's hard to make everything seem like home when you just have to turn around and box everything up again. Not gonna lie, we still have boxes with stuff still in them all around the house. When we had visitors, said boxes got tossed into our bedroom with boxes leftover of shoes and clothes that couldn't find a home in the closet. Ok, maybe we need to go through things to get rid of or donate but that's a lot of work.

Well today, I decided to clean up our bedroom!!! Clean sheets on the bed (also bed made which never happens), vaccumed, picked up all the dirty laundry that ends up on the floor, and cleaned off our bed side tables that manage to get covered with junk.

This is the very first time I've actually liked going in our room!! I still have work to do (husband's dresser is covered with junk, the master bathroom needs to be reorganized, and now our closet has boxes in it) but I am proud of what I achieved today.
 
I love our bedding. It was a wedding gift!! And look at those clean bed side tables!!!
 
 
One of the walls in our bedroom, my husband's side of the bed. I love having the black, white, silver, and the pop of red through out the room.
 

These are on my side of the bed. Do you like my toilet paper tube decor? I need one more piece to fill it in. And yes, I know my picture frames aren't straight...
 

And last but not least, above our bed.
 
 
I will be following those 11 tips that I read this morning in our bedroom!!

Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to post pictures of the rest of the room.....maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment