Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Homemade Febreze!

I love Febreze! Like seriously, I spray it everywhere when I have a bottle. And there isn't a sadder day for me than when I'm cleaning house and run out of Febreze!

Other than it costing more than it really should, I also always forget about it when I'm at the store and need a new bottle. Same thing with carpet fresh. I always forget it at the store. I need to look up a recipe for that too, one that works to cover dog scents!
 
Well, today I as I was cleaning the guestroom, I wanted to spray down the mattress while I'm airing the room out (it's a really nice day here in San Antonio!). I go get the bottle of Febreze and notice it's pretty darn empty!!!! No way am I running out to the store right now since I'm not feeling well! And Lord knows I'm not gonna wait. I am the one who normally acts on impulse! And since I'm watching Hoarding: Buried Alive, I'm really motivated to do some cleaning.

To Google I go to find a way to make some!!

Good news is, it is super simple and cheap to make your own!! I read that it costs about 15 cents to make a 27 oz bottle at home! Not gonna buy Febreze again!!!

Here's the how to:

You need:

1/8 Cup of fabric softener (I used a bottle that we had before we bought an HE washer so now we can't even use it)

2 tablespoons Baking Soda (Buy the BIG box at the grocery store, and use it to clean the house)

Hot tap water

Spray bottle (I used my recently emptied Febreze 27 oz bottle)
 
Directions:
 
Pour the fabric softener, baking soda and hot water into the bottle. It would be smart to use a funnel but I didn't have one which lead to a bit of a mess so if you have one, use it. After that, put the lid back on and shake!
 
Now go spray everything with your homemade Febreze!
 
 
 
I did notice that after it sits for awhile, stuff began to separate. I just shook it before I used it again.
 
Happy cleaning!!
 
PS: Someone isn't happy I'm cleaning "her" bedroom today...She took over our bed for nap time.
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff- im obsessed with making everything i can homemade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved Febreze but I love it so much more now that I can make it for just pennies!

      Delete