Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fishtail Braid

For the past few years the fishtail braid has been super popular. I really like to braid my hair but have never tried the fishtail. Well today, I decided I had nothing better to do than try it!!

 
Since it was my first try, I figured pigtails would be the easiest way to go so I could actually see what I was doing. Plus, I love pigtails. And they feel a little more grown up with this fancier braid. I also kept it messier to make it look more fun.
 


 
I think this might become a regular hairstyle for me now. And I really need to trim my bangs again because they are getting too long!
 
It's really simple to do. You just divide the section of hair you want to do into 2 parts (so since I did pigtails, technically mine was in 4 parts). Starting on one side, with section one and two: take one thin chunk of hair from section one and bring it over to section 2. Make sure not to let that piece fall back to section 1. Now take an outside piece from section 2 and bring it over to section 1. Make sure not to let that piece fall back to section 2. Just keep going back and forth until your braid is down the length of your hair. Switch, and do the other side of your head. To make it loose and messy, lightly pull the braid to make it less tight. I read that the smaller sections you use, the fancier it'll look because it'll look more detailed. That takes a lot of time so I did bigger sections.
 
Go try a fishtail braid!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment