Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I am almost done!!

This morning has been full of work for Rob's birthday! I've gotten so much done! One project has taken many giant steps to being done, which to me is the most important gift because I got our friends and family to help out. I say it's about 90% done and hopefully I'll have everything I need by tomorrow to finish it. The other project is 99% done, I just need some chalk for it to be done. Both still need to be wrapped and then they'll be checked off the to do list. Other than that, all of the other gifts are wrapped and have the next clue on them. Busy, busy, busy.

Other than those two projects, there are only 4 things left to do and they can't be done until Monday or Tuesday. Monday will be spent trying to find some helium balloons and going to a bakery to buy 2 cupcakes (I decided against making a cake since Rob is trying really hard to lose weight and baking cupcakes has not worked out for me since we've been here in Texas). On Tuesday, I'll wake up early so I can make Rob's monkey bread for breakfast and put together our traditional birthday punch.

I decided to do a walk through of the Scavenger Hunt this morning to make sure everything runs smoothly. As long as I can hide the stuff in the bedroom where he won't see it Monday night, it should work. He normally doesn't mess with stuff so hopefully he won't for some strange reason. I made sure to make the clues where there is not any gift in the same room back to back. He's going to have a lot of walking to do to find all of his gifts! Hehehe

As a preview, here is one gift that I made for Rob (also known as Project 2):

 
I found this cute board at Walmart while I was picking up a few final gifts. I saw it and thought I could do something cute with it for our bedroom.
 
 
 
This is the finished product. Well, mostly finished. The black squares are painted with chalk board paint and I need chalk to write little messages on it for Rob. I think it's super cute. Maybe not the best gift for a guy but he has 28 other gifts he can like. LOL
Well, now I'm going to take some time to relax since I've been running around like crazy this morning. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment