Thursday, April 11, 2013

Happy Thursday, everyone!

 
That's me, posting from my dinning room using the bar stools that Rob bought me (I had to fight him for them). I cleaned off the bar so I figured I would use them today since I was baking and cleaning and using my computer for music and recipes. Did I use "and" enough in that sentence? LOL I love sitting here. Not really sure why. I guess it gives me a different view in my apartment.

So, like I said, I've been baking today. Earlier, I found a recipe on Pinterest for maple pancake cupcakes with bacon on top. I decided I needed to make them! I figured, tomorrow is the last day of the week and Rob's unit has flag detail (which they've had all week and it ends Sunday night) and who wouldn't appreciate a nice, interesting breakfast treat?
 
 
Here they are, resting in the fridge. I'm going to add the bacon pieces on top in the morning. I was afraid they would get soggy if I did it tonight. I think Rob and I might have to have one tonight for dessert ;)
 
I'm also making a loaf of bread. I was watching TV the other night and they kept showing freshly baked bread and I needed to have one. So I bought a box of Krusteaz No Knead Classic Sourdough to go with dinner tonight. It's in the oven. I will be a happy girl tonight.
 
 
Before going in the oven. Doesn't it look yummy already? Ok, maybe it's just me.
 
 
Here it is. Just out of the oven. Can't wait to cut into it!!
 
As for this weekend, Rob and I have our date night. We're doing it tomorrow instead of Saturday because we have plans on Saturday (more on that in a few). Since there aren't any plans for dinner, just movies, candy, popcorn and fountain pops, I thought I would make a Chinese dinner take out style. I'm really excited. I need to pick my Redbox movie tonight so Rob can pick it up on his way home tomorrow night. What should I pick?!
 
As for Saturday, our friend Jason from Rob's unit is coming over for dinner. His wife and kids are back home in Indiana visiting family so we thought it would be nice to invite him over. He will be only the 4th person who we have invited into our apartment. That shows you how much we like him. It's so nice to have met a family down here who live near where we are from and who we hope will remain friends. We found people we actually like! LOL They really are great people.
 
Also on Saturday, my first book club book wraps up. We have our very first online discussion. I'm a little nervous to see how it turns out. I'm sure there will be some issues we need iron out. It's a learning process for us all.
 
Ok, well enough of me talking. I need to get dinner cooking! Hope you all have a wonderful evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment