Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Our 1st Anniversary


Friday May 24th, 2013
The day before we left for our anniversary weekend in Corpus Christi, Rob and I went and got pedicures. He had never had one before and I was able to talk him into it. As our luck would have it, at that exact moment, a monsoon hit San Antonio. Ok, maybe not literally but I have never seen rain come down this hard and this fast.
 

Even though we were soaked, we still looked cute.
 
Saturday May 25th, 2013
The rain did not stop. It continued raining like crazy. It was raining so bad that the highway we needed to get out of San Antonio was flooded. We had to take a detour that took over an hour when it should have taken us between 5 or 10 minutes. But eventually we made it out and were on the road to Corpus Christi.

A classic foot picture while it rained.

My cute husband driving. Pretty sure the rain ended by then.

Sami and Jags enjoying the bed at the hotel. My dogs love hotels.
 
Our first stop was to the USS Lexington. If you are ever in the Corpus Christi area, you need to go. The ship is pretty much totally open for everyone to walk through. It's a self guided tour but worth every penny (and it really isn't that many pennies when you think it is a huge tourist location).

Rob taking some pictures at the top of the ship. It was so breezy, a lady's dress actually flew up. I was afraid someone would be blown over board.
 
After the ship and a brief walk on the beach, we went and had some dinner at Blackbeard's.
 

(For some reason my pictures won't let me change the size, deal with it until I figure out to fix it) This is me at Blackbeard's eating some calamari. It was possibly some of the best I have ever had.
 
Sunday May 26th, 2013
Our actual one year anniversary!!!!! We wanted to keep our plans simple for the day of because our big goal was to have a nice dinner to actually celebrate.
 
The first thing we did was head to the Texas State Aquarium. Although it was cute, it is not worth the money you pay to get in! I couldn't imagine taking a family there. I think we made it through in less than an hour and that was mostly because we waited for the dolphin show.

Waiting to go into the Aquarium.

After that, we went to the beach. It was so beautiful looking out and seeing nothing. Also the first time Rob and I have ever been at the beach together.

My cutie.

Ending our morning at the beach. Wearing our new Corpus Christi shirts.


Our 1 year anniversary dinner at Niko's Steakhouse. I would have enjoyed going back to Blackbeard's more. Not a huge fan of the food.

Our last stop on our anniversary weekend: South Padre Island. It costs to get to the property because it is a National Park but you will not regret it!!!! If you happen to be in the military you do get in for free, which we did. The beach was so clean and peaceful. Rob and I picked a spot where we could let the dogs run free. We did leave them on their leashes so if we needed to grab them (like when people walked by) and when we were out in the water just in case something happened.
 
I've never been in a relationship while at the beach so I had to do this. Plus, it was our anniversary weekend so it had to happen.

Another bonus to our weekend, on Saturday, my best friend got engaged. I had to leave a note to her and her fiancee. Can't wait to see the ring in person when we get back to Indy.

Sami lived up to her breed and loved the water. I can't wait to take her again.

Another beautiful feet shot. I loved watching the waves come in.
 
\
Family portrait in shadows. I love how you can see Rob, Sami, Jags, and me. 
 
1 Year of Morrow Love.
Our first time watching the sunset together. Such a great ending to our first year of marriage.
 
 
I decided it would be a fun tradition to record us talking about our anniversary. Here is our first video!
 

This is how we ended our night when we got back to the hotel from the beach. Super yummy dessert and a bottle of wine (we were given the same wine on our wedding day, I think it might be tradition now).
Monday May 27th, 2013
We left Corpus Christi early in the morning. Nothing happened so I didn't take any pictures...

Being in Corpus Christi was the best time I have had in Texas. I am so glad we went there for our anniversary. Can't wait to see what our 2nd year of marriage brings and how we celebrate on May 26th, 2014.


Oh, I forgot to add our gifts!!! The first year of marriage is paper.

This was my paper gift to Rob: an exploding box with memories from our 1st year. Also gave him a plaque that I made which had two spoons on it and said "Spooning since 2012". It's packed up or else I would have taken a picture of it.

 
 
This was his paper gift to me: coasters with our wedding photos on them. He also got me a ring for my right had that has his birth stone and my birth stone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment