Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Meeting my little sister!!

First off, I got my hair done! I got blond highlights and plan on going all blond next time I get it done. I really miss being a natural blond but since I colored my hair auburn a few years ago, it has never gone back.
Here is the before and after.
 
Anyways, back to the main reason for this post:
I am a firm believer that if you want someone (especially a child) to like you, you bribe them. So that's what I did with Emmalyn. Toys, clothes, hair bows, bib, and some room decor.


So in June I was super lucky because I got to see a lot of my family. My dad, stepmom, stepbrothers, baby sister, grandmother and her husband all came to Texas. My dad was here for a gaming convention and the family all joined him.

The first day I got to see everyone (minus Dad) at Sea World.

After getting through the gate (very busy day at Sea World) we stopped for a picture. There's me, Lori, Tyler, Logan, and Emmalyn.

First thing we did was rush to the Shamu show. It was really cool. Rob and I came at Christmas time so everything was different than when I went with the family. This gave E and I sometime for a quick photo. Boy did she squeal during the show!!!
 
 
Our day at Sea World didn't last long because it rained like crazy once everyone got there (my grandma and her husband showed up after the show). I did manage to get a few pictures of one little girl.


Modeling her big sissy's sunglasses.


 

The next day, Rob and I drove up to Austin (where everyone was staying) to spend the day with family.
 
Here's Dad playing Flames of War which is a World War II role playing game. He was playing in the national competition. Rob had never been around gaming like this so there was a lot of explaining.

 
 
After spending some time with Dad, most of the family went out to a cave which was pretty cool.

Here we are: Rob, me, Logan, Lori, Emmalyn, and Tyler.

Once we were down in the cave, it got so hot. The humidity was crazy!
 
After hanging out in the cave, we randomly sat in their cafeteria for awhile. It gave E and I some photo time. :)
 


 
E's one and only brother-in-law also got some picture time in with her.
 
 
 
Eventually we left the cave and made it to dinner. We went to this place called Salt Lick and had some great BBQ. Since Rob and I have lived in Texas, we had yet to find any good BBQ. My belief is that in the northern part of Texas is your good BBQ. Down here in San Antonio it's more really good Mexican food.
 
Here's all of us: Doug, Grandma, Logan, Emmalyn, Dad, Tyler, Rob, me, and Lori.
 
As we were getting ready to leave, Lori wanted a group photo. While trying to get all of us together, an employee came out and asked if we wanted a picture around the pit. Some people thought he said pig so all of us were confused. Whatever he said, I was sure it was cooler that just by the side of the building so I said yes and the family followed. Little did we know that he actually meant the pit where they cook all of their yummy, delicious meat. Super nice guy even took the pictures for us.

This is kind of a Baby E recap with us. Top picture is us at dinner and then the two bottom pictures are us at the cave's cafeteria. I strongly believe that that adorable, young couple really need to be blessed with a baby of their own already!! :)


After leaving dinner with the family, we had to stop at Steak n Shake for milkshakes. I have missed them so much in the year we've been in San Antonio because we don't have them.

Can't wait until our next visit with family. It's always a good refresher and recharge to see people that you actually know and people you have missed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment